Monday 15 August 2016

Not doing rail to the Airport

Auckland has recently discussed that they are not going to do rail to Auckland international airport.I find this very ridiculous.This is because of how they already have rail to Onehunga sorted.
What I am trying to say is that they already have Heavy rail to the airport planned out.But instead, the council want to add light rail which may I just add is the same speed of a bus to the airport. I'm not saying that they should not add a light rail down dominion road.I'm saying that it should go from Britomart to Mt Roskill, and that's it.All they have to do is upgrade the onehunga line is make it double tracking, and then extend to the airport via mangere. But this is what they plan on doing.
It's very ridiculous because it's much easier to make rail to the airport the light rail to the airport.Tell me what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment